[OLPC Networking] Mesh network?

Ivan Krstić krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu
Wed Sep 6 19:02:04 EDT 2006

Krishna Sankar (ksankar) wrote:
> Interesting question.

Can you please limit your quoted messages to the sections to which
you're responding, and not top-post?

>  	a)    There will be py level interfaces - dials, gages, switches

To the maximum extent that it makes sense, yes.

> 	d)    The mesh mobility networking primitives would be more of
> OLSR/AODV/DYMO (more of DYMO/OLSR than AODV) than normal OSPF. Could be
> OSPF v3 with mobility as well.

I've invited Michail to the list to comment on the networking specifics.

> 	e)	We also would need to work with D-Bus, the Avahi
> layer(mDNS, local network forming et al) as well as the twisted
> framework (if that is part of the distribution)

We're not shipping Twisted.

> 	f)	And we should not forget IPv6 !

I suspect IPv6 won't be part of the first rollout.

--
Ivan Krstić <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | GPG: 0x147C722D