[OLPC Networking] Mesh network?

Krishna Sankar (ksankar) ksankar at cisco.com
Wed Sep 6 15:26:55 EDT 2006

;o) Good question. In simple my mind, the connectivity and deployment
scenarios are as follows:

A)	Mesh connection to each other, enabling kids to play together,
games, learning, writing, music et al. For example introducing the
chamber music masters and try to form an orchestra together ! Another
example is using a Wiki collectively to write stories or essays ....
Annotation, IM, .. All requires connectivity ...

B)	At school, running school software, connected to each other and
to the class room server

C)	And of course the traditional scenario, at school or home,
connected to internet.

D)	I have only very limited exposure, but methinks, Internet is
more pervasive. And the hope is that Internet will reach more and more
into areas (OLPC being one of the catalysts)

Thoughts ?

<k/>