[Nepal] flash in moodle

Ties Stuij cjstuij at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 05:26:46 EST 2009

Update about flash in moodle:
Due to the way our flash-framework is set up, .flv activity files
can't run directly without the FrontIn flash file. One of the
developers actually made a version a while back that dispatches on the
activity name passed as parameters to the containing page. He made it
in php, which, due to moodle security reasons won't be parsed. But it
can trivially be converted to html+javascript.

However this will give us the traditional flash intro-page as found on
an XO. You know, the one with the teacher notes, etc. Tony made an
html version of it. So I'd like to know, should we just take the flash
version? Pro flash version: in order to just show the activity, we
need to recompile every activity to also include the framework, which
means administrative and practical overhead when we have to do this
consistantly for every activity. Nice thing about html one is that we
can skip the teacher notes when used by kids. Couldn't find a way to
add parameters only when used by teachers, but we can pull that into
the moodle page the flash is linked from.

/Ties