[Nepal] second and last update on xo updating (and a bit on the schoolserver)

Ties Stuij cjstuij at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 08:23:10 EST 2008

Just finished hacking our customizations in the image. Revived the
automatic activity installer in pilgrim, put in all our own rpms and
scriptables. The new image should be up to scraps with what we baked
from cloning the 8.2 image before. olpc-update seems to work smoothly,
not corrupting the datastore. Next up is updating from schoolserver
with new image (but has proven to work and is understood) and Jabber.

Then a jump to 8.2.1 when that is tested. Should ask for a release
date estimation.

Schoolserver stuff is chugging along nicely. Sulo made a nice
automatic installer for pustakalaya. Needs to be tested. The biggest
hole in our setup is info that's supposed to be on a usb stick, to be
used by the modifications that Tony made while on the beach in some
sunny country. We're missing an sql file, and perhaps some more files.
My mind is fuzzy. Tony, when you're online again, please supply us
with the needed data/info.

See ya,
/Ties