[Nepal] xo updating process

Ties Stuij cjstuij at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 02:50:26 EST 2008

To keep you updated on updating:

I set up a local pilgrim, and we're testing updating xo's from 703 to
our own clean 8.2 build through olpc-update.

Yesterday evening, when I was tired and weary, I seemed to have lost
the journal in the upgrade, but in tests done today by Avash, the
journal content is preserved, both when using the .usb image file
created by pilgrim, and when downloading from a local server. He's
gonna try a couple of times more, but so far things seem hopeful.

Bibek is working on making an rpm for stuff we want to change which
involve files. Installing scim and some other rpms and installing our
own activities for clean builds can all be handled by the standard
pilgrim mechanisms. So things look pretty sweet!

/Ties