[Localization] Fwd: [UKids] Supported Languages (i18n) Project

Alexander Dupuy alex.dupuy at mac.com
Thu Jul 16 03:21:43 EDT 2015

Nick Doiron wrote:
> So I'm creating a Supported Languages Group (SLANG Group) as a go-to
> reference. If I get good feedback, I will fund videos on this subject for
> Python, React, Angular, etc - and do a public launch at the Unicode
> Conference in October.

> If you're a developer, please send me your thoughts, and consider editing
> or adding an article! The current articles are available on GitHub and the
> license is Creative Commons Zero.

Thanks for your effort, consolidating this sort of language-specific information for developers is quite a useful resource, and I’m not aware of any other projects that really try to do this - they are either language-specific but targeted at translators/localizers, or targeted at developers but mostly generic.

Your e-mail didn’t provide any links - I managed to find http://slanggroup.org/ and https://github.com/slang-group/ in case anyone else is also interested, but it wasn’t obvious to me where to start.  I submitted a (very minimal) PR on the slang-group.github.io repo, but some initial overview somewhere that explains what the different parts are for, and how you would like to get submissions, would make it easier for people to contribute.

@alex