[Localization] [XSCE] Haitian Creole

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Thu Sep 5 21:59:33 EDT 2013

PS when IIAB gives you the option "creole or french pidgin", I don't
believe that's accurately descriptive.

There are many other French Creoles outside of Haitian Creole.  Also,
Haitian Creole is in fact not pidgin, if we take Wikipedia's definition
that "a pidgin is not the native language of any speech community, but is
instead learned as a second language".  Without drowning in identity
politics, I personally recommend IIAB stick with the names Wikipedia
recommends: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haitian_Creole (eg. inviting
others to learn Haitian Creole?) or Kreyòl Ayisyen (eg. inviting more
Haitians hopefully use this?)

--
Unsung Heroes of OLPC, interviewed live @ http://unleashkids.org !