[Localization] [XSCE] Haitian Creole

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 22:48:25 EDT 2013

I am of course in favor of "doing it right", but I am also in favor of
"working code first".

Your hack involves the simple expedient of copying the French CLDR
locale fr.xml to "cfp".  If instead you were to copy the French CLDR
lcoale to "ht", I believe you would have a better solution and a
better behaving hack.

I think the CLDR learns something from the glibc locale set in the
environment and just as English and French work automagically, I
believe you would get the same favorable behavior if your hack used
"ht" instead of "cfp".

Please try this, I think it will solve Adam's immediate issue with
needing to reset each time.

I'll keep working on a proper ht CLDR locale, but I really want to
know what happens if you try my suggestion of using the "ht" code for
your hack instead of "cfp".