[Localization] OLPC/Sugar translations in Papiamento, need help exporting to csv/calc file

Ace Suares ace at suares.com
Tue May 21 05:46:28 EDT 2013

I took the 5 projects (Glucose, Honey, website, terminology and olpc
software), downloaded all zipped directories, unpacked them all in one
place, ran pocompendium, then po2csv.

The resulting file had 5819 strings. This seems a lot less then when
adding up the wordcount on the individual projects  as shown on the
translaton site.

Is this because of many repeating strings? The resulting file does have
a column 'location' where sometimes many locations are shown, and in the
'target' column sometimes I see 2 or more 'versions' of the same word,
so I guess these are merged.

I then took the source column, removed all [".:] and %s, replaced spaces
with newlines, and sorted uniq. The resulting file has all source WORDS
(not strings) and this comes to 6079 words.

Is that about right accordig to your experience and estimates?

Also, the first 1000 words or so are all names of places and towns from
the geography activity.

To me this seems a lot less words that I expected based on the wordcount
in Pootle. Can you confirm this is the right number?

Ace