[Localization] OLPC/Sugar translations in Papiamento, need help exporting to csv/calc file

Ace Suares ace at suares.com
Mon May 20 17:45:41 EDT 2013

Hi There,

For a project sponsored by UNESCO, we have the opportunity to continue
the work that was started by the Dutch/Papiamento team led by Urso
Wieske some while ago.

For a quick estimatie how many words need to be translated in the first
round, the translators have asked for an 'Excel' file with the following
charcteristics:

- projects: Glucose, Honey, Terminology, OLPC PR Website, OLPC Software
- source languages: English, Dutch, Portuguese, Spanish, Papiamento

I've found
http://docs.translatehouse.org/projects/translate-toolkit/en/latest/guides/using_csv2po.html
so I am confident I could make .csv out of .po files, but can't find
where to download the .po files.
Also, I am not 100% sure the different .po files (nl->pap, en->pap etc)
will 'line up' correctly after converting them to .csv.

Goal is to have a .csv file with the following colums:

English | Dutch | Spanish | Portuguese | Papiamento, which lists all
strings in the abovementioned projects. A sort|uniq must be done so we
have a baseline for the amount of words. This file is not ment to be
used for translations (for later upload and merge), just to get the
proper impression for the amount of words.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I want to thank Chris Leonard for all his help, to get us started. Of
course also Urso and his team. Chris said he'd rather have me post to
this list for questions, it will benefit the community more.

Oh my name is Ace Suares, I do a lot of work on advocating Open Source
in Curaçao. Here are some links:
Curaçao: www.curacao.com
Open Source in Curaçao: http://opencuracao.com
OLPC project in Curaçao, St Maarten and Bonaire on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL397B6A1E121A3031

I hope this project will make the 31% translation rate turn into 90% or
more.

Many greetings,

Ace Suares
www.suares.com