[Localization] Sugar in Albanian

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 12:11:21 EDT 2011

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 11:51 AM, Christoph Derndorfer
<christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I was recently approached by some folks from western Austria and
> Liechtenstein who are interested in doing a small OLPC and/or Sugar project
> in Albania.
> All other issues aside (and there's many;-) they're obviously also
> interested in being able to use the machines in Albanian. Looking
> at http://translate.sugarlabs.org/sq/ it says that about 43% which seems to
> leave about 9000 words untranslated if I'm reading that page correctly.
> Does anyone have an estimate of how long it would take to translate the
> missing strings?
> Thanks,
> Christoph

Christoph,

That is entirely dependent on the number of localizers working and
their dedication to the task.  The Huastec (Téenek) team made amazing
progress from 0% to near %100 in core projects in about a month, but
they have shown high levels of constant activity from multiple
contributors.  The Armenian team has made good progress from a zero
baseline, but it has been slower with fewer active contributors.

Having a good start in Albanian is promising (you are not starting
from 0%), but the thing to do is to begin recruiting localizers
immediately, because only tracking their efforts over time will give
you a real estimate of when it will be complete, there are just too
many variables.

I will reach out individually to our existing Albanian localizers, but
I strongly encourage you to begin recruiting additional L10n help
ASAP.