[Localization] clock.po; waveplace-tutorials

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 12:23:33 EDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 4:52 AM, Markus Schlager <m.slg at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> I'm wondering why the German clock.po (honey) looks so different from the
> Spanish one. Two strings vs. seventeen. Updating from the templates would
> not change the German file.

Dear Markus,

I guess you missed this message I sent to the L10n list

http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/localization/2011-June/002963.html

We've been having issues with Honey Templates that we are working on
resolving, and I had asked admins not to do an update from Templates
as I had manually corrected them in all langs.  If you look now, you
will see that you've inadvertantly messed up the German Honey project
by doing that update from templates.

http://translate.sugarlabs.org/projects/honey/

Look at the word counts column, German is now at 4778 words when it
had been at 7372 words like most of the other projects after I did the
manual fix.  Don't panic, the strings that were done before are not
gone, I think you will find them at the bottom of the PO files, but
without proper locations (so they don't get counted).  I will be able
to fix that after yet another manual fix of Honey Templats and an
immediate Update from Templates.  Please, please, do not do an update
from Templates after that until we've had to fix the issues we've been
having.