[Localization] Fwd: 11.2.0 release candidate 2 (build 871) released

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 01:54:04 EDT 2011

FYI

cjl

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org>
Date: Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 7:18 AM
Subject: 11.2.0 release candidate 2 (build 871) released
<testing at lists.laptop.org>, fedora-olpc-list
<fedora-olpc-list at redhat.com>

Hi,

We're pleased to announce our second release candidate of our new
11.2.0 software release.

Information and installation instructions can be found here:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_notes/11.2.0

Quick links for those who know which files need to be grabbed and save
to USB disks:
http://download.laptop.org/xo-1/os/candidate/871/
http://download.laptop.org/xo-1.5/os/candidate/871/

This is a signed release candidate that can be installed on all XOs,
even those with security enabled.

We're looking for testing and feedback on all aspects of the system.
Thanks for any help you can offer, and for all the feedback that has
been received already.

Our scheduled release date is July 18th.

Since release candidate 1 (build 870) we have fixed the following issues:

Various collaboration-related bugs were fixed. Collaboration in Read
and ImageViewer is now working again. In the neighborhood view, users
correctly cluster around shared activities again, and connecting to
gabble no longer results in duplication of your own buddy icon.

Journal fixes include less needless rescanning and the ability to
modify file information on external disks.

FotoToon is now a favorite activity by default.

XO-1.5 graphics rendering bugs could be seen sometimes in Moon and
Browse - now fixed.

XO-1.5 laptops using the original XO-1 "ALPS" keyboard are now usable again.

The XO-1.5 boot partition is now correctly mounted after boots where
activation happens.

The blank screen during XO-1 boot no longer happens.

Closed tickets:
#10851 mysterious black monolith on the moon
#10880 Display corruption in Firefox displaying a png
#11015 Barbershop-style Video corruption on XO-1.5 in 11.2.0
#10941 Clock, Abacus, HelloWorld, Fototoon not favorite
#11016 ALPS keyboard on XO-1.5 outputs gibberish in OFW & Linux
#11018 /bootpart not mounted after activation
#11019 black screen during XO-1 boot
#10749 salut: mission control account information is not updated when
changing the nick name
#10965 When connected to school server and using gabble buddy is drawn
twice in home view
#10675 Shared activity users do not get clustered around activities
they are collaborating in
#10840 Entry not colored when started from external device (or first
copied from device)
#10717 Journal: Can not change entry information on external device
#10841 Journal: Rescan of external device view when dragging an image
#10817 friendstray does represent buddies of a shared activity we have
not joined yet
#10906 Transfer files in sharing from one to many is broken
SL#2880 Use the same wording for the filesize of an entry without a file
SL#2926 Journal detail view: sync updates of elements

Thanks!
Daniel