[Localization] How to test the translations (translation by activities)

Yuan Chao yuanchao at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 17:26:15 EDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 12:12 PM, Arief M Utama <arief.utama at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, this is Yuan also helping on the Chinese translations.

> I need to find out how to check out translations in the software.
> How can I look at this? Is there any distro that provides live CDs? or maybe
> virtual images?
I think you can take a look here:
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick
(live USB for Sugar environment)

> Would be better if I can compile the software myself and run it from my
> computer. Anyone can point on list of software to builds and how to
Actually for the present i18n infrastructure, you just need to put the
translation
"mo" files under the specific directories. The "activity" programs
will find and load
them for the next start.

> I plan to try to translate one activity in full instead of current method of
> translating one string at a time without knowing for sure what is that :)
It's always good to check "in activity" situation before doing the
translation. :)
The Sugar live system should server here. (I didn't touch it for some long time.
Guess it should be enough for you to play around first.)

--
Best regards,
Yuan Chao