[Localization] How to test the translations (translation by activities)

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 17:46:26 EDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 6:12 AM, Arief M Utama <arief.utama at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> Sorry if this come out as being a bit lazy,
>
> I need to find out how to check out translations in the software.
>
> How can I look at this? Is there any distro that provides live CDs? or maybe
> virtual images?
>
> Would be better if I can compile the software myself and run it from my
> computer. Anyone can point on list of software to builds and how to
> configure it? Or probably anyone wanna provide me with an XO laptop,
> instead? :)
>
> Someone asked me what activities has the full translations, and I cannot
> answer this yet as I'm not sure how the system worked and what activities
> are related.
>
> I plan to try to translate one activity in full instead of current method of
> translating one string at a time without knowing for sure what is that :)
>
> Thanks for all the help and pointers.
>

> All the best.
> -arief

Have you looked at:

TOAST
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Trisquel_On_A_Sugar_Toast

SOAS5 has been promised "any day now", but I'm not holding my breath.
These links are still dead, but that is where it will land eventually:
http://spins.fedoraproject.org/soas/#downloads

See also
See http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Category:Live_USB

VMs