[Localization] Gnash L10n cooperation

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 19:52:14 EDT 2011

Dear Localizers,

After a discussion with the Gnash developers, I've downloaded copies of
their PO files to our Pootle server in a new project:

http://translate.sugarlabs.org/projects/upstream_POT/

Gnash is one of those projects for which we are a downstream distributor via
our builds. I'll be adding more details about Gnash and their usual L10n
process on this page:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Translation_Team/Upstream_localization#Gnash

The basic idea is that we are holding "unofficial" copies of their PO files
to facilitate collaboration on L10n.  Once completed, they should be
submitted upstream via their usual process of posting as an attachment to
their mailing list.

The argument in favor of doing this is that because there is not a hosting
infrastructure for L10n (just the repo) upstream, it makes sense to host a
copy to give our localizers all the benefits of Pootle hosting (e.g.
pofilter reviews, etc.).