[Localization] strings to translate again and again: Etoys-tiles.po Etoys.po MorphicExtras.po

K. K. Subramaniam kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 20:18:17 EDT 2010

On Tuesday 21 Sep 2010 12:40:33 am Markus Schlager wrote:
> Whenever I scan the project files for Etoys and update from the templates,
> pootle says the following strings are untranslated and need attention:
> Etoys-Tiles.po:
> #194: x
> #195: y
These are variables denoting X-Y co-ordinates and may not need translation in
most language cultures.

> Etoys.po:
> # 86: B
> # 91: I
> # 98: N
> # 99: n
> #103: S
> #107: U
> MorphicExtras.po:
> #589: X
These are iconic letters used like keycaps. They stand for Bold, Italic,
Normal, Number (as in repeat n times), Strike, Underline and Close (as in
delete). There should also be a 'V' and 'O' which are used for 'viewer menu'
and 'close window' icons. They are not 'text' in the proper sense.

Subbu