[Localization] [etoys-dev] Sugar release and new Etoys translations

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Mar 9 06:52:01 EST 2010

On 09.03.2010, at 12:44, Korakurider wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 7:02 PM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:

>>> Language-Name looks okay (Bhasha-naama). The correct word for font is lipi but
>>> it is not unusual to transliterate technical terms from Roman alphabet to
>>> Devanagari. Since the freeze is in effect, these could be left in for now.
>>
>> Err, the point is these entries should *not* be translated.
>>
>> E.g., "Language-Name" should be "Hindi" in Hindi script, CJL suggested हिन्दी or हिंदी. This is how the language name will appear in the language menu - the comments are not stellar but they do say that specifically.
>   I think this is err;  see Locale>>displayname.
>   Ouch, the magicPhrase not exported to POT :-<  Or the magic phrase
> should be 'Language-Name'.
>
> /Korakurider

Indeed, but that's just a bug ;)

Yes, the actual magic phrase should be changed to 'Language-Name' in the code because that's what is in the translation files now. It doesn't need to be marked for exporting because it is exported specifically. But those comments could be made a bit more attention-getting.

Do we have a ticket yet? Maybe this?
http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-129

- Bert -