[Localization] Vi EToys translation

Serge Stinckwich serge.stinckwich at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 22:37:34 EDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 12:18 AM, Chris Leonard
<cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 5:55 AM, Serge Stinckwich
> <serge.stinckwich at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>> i'm trying to push the vietnamese translation of Etoys by recruiting
>> some vietnamese volunteers to help us.
>> I already talk to Clytie Siddall leader of the vn translation.
>> I would like to setup a wiki page maybe on Squeakland wiki for the
>> vietnamese translators and users.
>>

> Serge,

Hi Chris,

> That sounds great!  I imagine you are already in touch with the Squeakland
> folks.  It makes a lot of sense to organize via their wiki and capture the
> history there, but if that is a problem in any way, you are more than
> welcome to use the OLPC wiki (wiki.laptop.org) to put up any pages you need
> to coordinate your group's efforts.

Yes, i'm already part of the Squeakland community (i'm a
Squeaker/Smalltalker). I think it's the best idea.

> I've seen some very recent activity from another project in Vietnam on the
> wiki, you might want to reach out to them ot see if they are interested in
> getting involved with localization:
>
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Projects/Vung_Vieng_Fishing_Vietnam

Thank you for this information ! I was not aware of these guys. If
there is other OLPC projects in Vietnam, feel free to talk with me,
i'm interested.

Best regards,
--
Serge Stinckwich