[Localization] Vi EToys translation

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 13:18:09 EDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 5:55 AM, Serge Stinckwich <
serge.stinckwich at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> i'm trying to push the vietnamese translation of Etoys by recruiting
> some vietnamese volunteers to help us.
> I already talk to Clytie Siddall leader of the vn translation.
> I would like to setup a wiki page maybe on Squeakland wiki for the
> vietnamese translators and users.

Serge,

That sounds great!  I imagine you are already in touch with the Squeakland
folks.  It makes a lot of sense to organize via their wiki and capture the
history there, but if that is a problem in any way, you are more than
welcome to use the OLPC wiki (wiki.laptop.org) to put up any pages you need
to coordinate your group's efforts.

I've seen some very recent activity from another project in Vietnam on the
wiki, you might want to reach out to them ot see if they are interested in
getting involved with localization:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Projects/Vung_Vieng_Fishing_Vietnam

Please feel free to use this Localization list to coordinate your Etoys
effort as well.  This is a low volume list and surge in volume around a
specific language effort  would be entirely welcome and appropriate.  We've
had similar projects (e.g. Kreyol L10n) use this list as a launching pad in
the past and, of course, this is the right place to post any technical
questions about Pootle usage.  For some reason (perhaps it's sheer size),
the Etoys PO file occasionally runs into a little technical hitch, but they
usually get cleared up after a post here.  There are a few other (much
smaller) PO files in Glucose/Fructose/Honey projects that need additional
strings in Vietnamese, they might make good practice for your localization
team.

http://translate.sugarlabs.org/vi/

Good Luck,