[Localization] etoys.pot format incompatible against the latest Pootle?

Korakurider korakurider at gmail.com
Fri May 15 13:29:03 EDT 2009

Hello.
I noticed recently format errors came into etoys.po on pootle.

(1) Original Japanese PO have been like this for long.  (no error)
----- from here ----
#: Morphic-Worlds,PasteUpMorph>>checkCurrentHandForObjectToPaste
msgid "Hand is holding a Morph in its paste buffer:\\"
msgstr ""

#: System-Support,Project>>decideAboutCreatingBlank:
msgid "I cannot locate the project\\"
msgstr ""
----- to here

(2) when I noticed the errors:
"
msgstr ""

#: System-Support,Project>>decideAboutCreatingBlank:
msgid "I cannot locate the project\\"
"
msgstr ""
----- to here

(3) Things went worse when I submit translations from pootle screen:
----- from here ----
#: Morphic-Worlds,PasteUpMorph>>checkCurrentHandForObjectToPaste
msgid "Hand is holding a Morph in its paste buffer:\\"
"
"
"
msgstr ""

#: System-Support,Project>>decideAboutCreatingBlank:
msgid "I cannot locate the project\\"
"
"
"
msgstr ""
----- to here

(4) I manually edited the PO as (1) and uploaded to Pootle.  No error.
   (and I noticed people did this fix for some language)

(5) Submitting translation from pootle screen broke POT again as (2)...

I am wondering that formatting of quotation/escape in etoys.pot is wrong
or the latest version of pootle doesn't like.
Does anyone see root cause of this?

thanks in advance.
/Korakurider