[Localization] Some letters in Turkish translation

Nevit Dilmen nevilo at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 9 18:18:38 EDT 2009

Thank you Markus, Chris and Sayamindu for replies. Your replies helped me doing some educated guesses.

I tried some values for Win-Font.
I tried Verdana, Arial, Tahoma which are available under my system fonts and those fonts who are listed internally in eToys. Non of them worked for me. Btw. changing these values in .po file and compiled .mo file did not changed the appearance of fonts in eToys globally. Also I am in doubt that eToys sees windows' pre-installed fonts. It seems that fonts are predefined internally.

I looked at the .po file for Scratch.
http://translate.scratch.mit.edu/tr/scratch/tr.po?translate=1&view=1
To my surprise it was translated in error, but Scratch fonts render flawlessly on my screen.  :)

I agree with Marcus that "these strings is they should not be there". I tried searching for fonts in preferences of eToys which returned no results.

As for fuzzy strings in tr .po I am trying to work on them one by one. Currently about 400 remained. Some of the strings are pretty cryptic even for an adult.

Regards,
Nevit Dilmen