[Localization] Translation of Etoys into Swedish

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 14:37:03 EST 2009

Hi Sussana,

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 1:02 AM, Susanna Björverud
<susanna.bjorverud at telia.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> For totally selfish reasons (my children wanted to use etoys) I have
> downloaded and translated quite a bit of the etoys Swedish po-file from
> dev.laptop.org and made the minimal tweak needed for debian lenny to use it
> (symbolic link from lang>locale). The sheer amount of strings in etoys made
> pootle a less than obvious choice.

Thanks a lot for the help, this is superb :)

> Not all of the strings I have translated show up while running etoys, but I
> presume this is a version problem (I have the current lenny version:
> 3.0.1916+svn132-2).
>
> I am however slightly confused on how to submit these translations back up;
> I have registered and I do have a Upload file-box, but I have so far failed
> to find any instructions on how to use this. I am therefore asking for
> instructions on what is the recommended way to submit my po-file.
>
> I apologize if this question should have been put to etoys at lists.laptop.org
> rather than here.

Well, the best way would be to send the file to me
(sayamindu at laptop.org) and I'll take care of merging the translations.
This is not a very obvious/optimal solution, but currently, the Pootle
server cannot cope with the task of merging the huge number of strings
in Etoys (if someone decides to use the "upload" feature) and it
simply "hangs", consuming as much CPU on the sever as it can.

Thanks,
Sayamindu

--
Sayamindu Dasgupta