[Localization] eToys strings that look like literals

Korakurider korakurider at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 08:50:45 EST 2009

Hi.

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 9:38 PM, Clytie Siddall <clytie at riverland.net.au> wrote:
> Hi everyone :)
>
> I'm a bit uneasy about strings like these in eToys:
> ___
> attachmentOwnerChanged
>
> connectedTo
>
> destinationConnected
>
> destinationDisconnecting
> ___
>
> There is no contextual info, and they really don't look like
> translatable text to me.
   Actually these are name of events that are triggered by some Widget.
   (We have been trying to un-camel case, but we are failing here....)

   If you have Etoys environment to play with, try this:
       1. drag "Connector Arrow" from "Connector" category of
ObjectCatalog to desktop
       2. open viewer for the arrow, drag any tile to desktop and
create scriptor
       3. press "normal" button , then menu titled "when this script
run" is showed.
           available events for the widget are listed in the menu.
           And you could see those events like
"attachmentOwnerChanged" in "more..."

> Are we supposed to translate them? And if so, do we have to leave
> spaces out of the translation? (This looks awful in my language,
> because of all the combined diacritics: Vietnamese needs very clear
> spacing.)
       Though event name is spelled in CameCase without spacing, you
are free how to spell translation :-)

hope this helps.
/Korakurider