[Localization] Scratch file munged

Evelyn Eastmond evelyn at media.mit.edu
Wed Feb 18 11:13:33 EST 2009

Thanks Clytie for the message!

I'm from the Scratch development team, and I'm not sure why the Vietnamese
translation file on the server got corrupted.

However, I think my colleague John Maloney sent you our clean Vietnamese po
file that shipped with Scratch 1.3.

I would suggest uploading that file to the Pootle server, and then making
any corrections to that.
This way, you don't have to fix the strings one by one.

Please let me know if you did not receive John's email or need me to send
you the PO file again.

Sincerely,
Evelyn
MIT Scratch Team

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 6:15 AM, Clytie Siddall <clytie at riverland.net.au>wrote:

> Hi everyone :)
>
> I started translating Scratch today, only to find that the existing
> strings have been munged and are thus completely unreadable. If the
> existing strings are old, it's possible that they were pre-Unicode. If
> they are not old, then the encoding was messed up in transfer.
>
> I'm redoing each string, but in case this affects any other files or
> projects, I'm reporting it here as well.
>
> from Clytie
>
> Vietnamese Free Software Translation Team
> http://vnoss.net/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=projects:l10n

Evelyn Eastmond
Lifelong Kindergarten
MIT Media Lab