[Localization] Request to become Bahasa Melayu translation administrator

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 15:13:59 EST 2009

On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 2:21 PM, Mohd Lazim <decfiv at yahoo.com> wrote:

>   Hi all,
>
> My name is Mohd Lazim Bin Abdul Raoh and I'm from Malaysia. I'm one of the
> translator for Bahasa Melayu in Pootle Server. I've registered to the Pootle
> server with the name of mythrage. As stated by Chris Leonard at the IRC, he
> said that I can request to become translator administrator for Bahasa
> Melayu.
>
> I would like to take this chance to request from localization administrator
> to let me become the Bahasa Melayu translation administrator. I will take
> the responsibility to administer and make Bahasa Melayu localization
> available to the OLPC project as well as the XO laptop.
>
> I hope that you'll accept my request so that my hometown language become
> one of the language available for the OLPC localization. Thanks for Chris
> Leonard for give me opportunity to contribute to OLPC translation. Thank
> you.
>
> Lazim,
> Pootle username: mythrage
> Mail: mythrage at yahoo.com

Dear Mythrage,

The Glucose,  Fructose and Honey projects have been added to the Bahasa
Melayu collection on the Pootle server.

https://dev.laptop.org/translate/ms/

I recommend working on them in that order glucose, then fructose, then
honey.

In addition you have been made a language administrator for Bahas Melayu.
While in bigger projects being a language administrator may mean using some
of the fancier features of Poolte, around the Sugar Labs / OLPC Pootle
server, a language administrator has two main responsibilities.

One is to act as an advocate and recruiter for your set of translations.
Helping to bring other localizers into the project is something all
community members should try to do, but a language administrator should take
on just a little bit more of the responsibility for finding additional
translators in their language and introducing them to the project.

The second is to "commit" the luser interface strings of the various PO
files after completion and review.  This is another reason why it is good to
bring in other trqanslators, so that there is more than one set of eyes on
every string before it is "committed" and actually made available for builds
of the underlying software.

Thank you for stepping up to advance the Bahasa Melayu project and please
know that you have many well-wishers here on the L10n list that are always
willing to lend advice on any questions that may come up as you perform the
important localization work that will make Sugar available to children
speaking your mother tongue.