[Localization] 8.2 Languages, Keyboards and Layouts

Greg Smith gregsmitholpc at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 11:30:35 EDT 2008

Hi Sayamindu,

Great edits, I think that nails it!

I made two changes. I added with "a single translation" to the sentence
about multiple regions. I'm trying to make it clear that all regions use
the same text. Let me know if that doesn't work for you.

I also adjusted this sentence: "Please note that none of the
translations are officially supported by OLPC". I hope that makes it
more clear that neither the partially translated languages nor the more
fully translated ones are "supported" by OLPC/

On Keyboard layouts, I'm most interested in how they change it on their
own. I think we have the manufacturing process well understood and
hopefully documented. The release notes info is mostly for users trying
to adjust their language in the field.

On final test. That sounds like a good plan but I'm not sure who can do
it effectively and sign off. Can I pass the buck to you and the list?

The turn around time may be tight. Once a very solid release candidate
comes out it could be as quick as one week before we call it done. If
you think its safe, you may able to sign off on an earlier release
candidate and assume the final one didn't change. Either way, I want to
have a plan in place ahead of time so we can call it done quickly.

Thanks,

Greg S