[Localization] Dutch translation on cadidate-765

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 14:02:55 EDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 12:03 PM, Myckel Habets <myckel at sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
> Hello Sayamindu,
>
> I've tested candidate-765 yesterday on my XO laptop, with the Dutch
> language pack. I've got some points where I would like to have some
> insight on.
>
> 1) In pootle the string for "Journal" in the main screen (favorites
> view) of sugar is translated, in the candidate release it doesn't show
> up as such, still in Englishg. Is this because it is a candidate release
> or a bug?
> 2) Same goes for the "Anything" field in the pop-up menu and the time
> selection fields in the Journal activity.

Journal translations via the language pack are a bit screwed up at the
moment. I'll be fixing this by tomorrow. If you need a workaround
before that, just copy the org.laptop.JournalActivity.mo from
/usr/share/sugar/activities/<foo> to /usr/share/locale/nl/LC_MESSAGES

> 3) The Software update section isn't translated (the option to commit
> it in pootle isn't there also, so that might be the cause). When will
> be able to submit that?

I'll probably move the software update thingy to some other category
before I enable commit. However, I'll definitely add it to the
language pack. Thanks for pointing this out.

Cheers,
Sayamindu

--
Sayamindu Dasgupta