[Localization] Urgently needed translation for 'Give one, Get one' campaign

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 18:34:05 EST 2008

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 3:50 PM, Seth Woodworth <seth at laptop.org> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I have a list of words here from one of the groups that is helping OLPC
> market the 2008 Give One Get One campaign.  One of the projects they're
> working on involves a little interactive webpage with this equation game.
> The result is a little widget you can put on your website, facebook,
> myspace, etc, that is translated into one of the languages that OLPC has
> been translated to.
>

> What I have is a list of 136 words that I need translated into as MANY
> languages as possible, as soon as possible.  Hopefully someone on the
> Localization list (Sayamindu?) can help me make a .po file out of this
> attachment and let me put it into pootle to be translated.
>

> The problem is that this is a very very short deadline.  To get this ready
> for the big g1g1 announcement I need this done very quickly.
>

> Can I get people to work with me on this?
>
> --Seth

It is 135 words (not 136), it is a 9 X 15 grid.  For what it is worth, here
is Google's take on this in:

English
Spanish
Arabic
Bulgarian
Catalan
Chinese (simplified)
Chinese (Traditional)
Croatian
Czech
Danish
Dutch
Filipino
Finnish
French
German
Greek
Hebrew
Hindi
Indonesian
Italian
Japanese
Korean
Latvian
Lithuanian
Norwegian
Polish
Portuguese
Romanian
Russian
Serbian
Slovak
Slovenian
Swedish
Ukrainian
Vietnamese

Obviously many words not complete and some certainlly questionable
translations as well.  On the other hand, it might be easier to find someone
to correct a list of 135 than do it from scratch.