[Localization] User information page for each language

Korakurider korakurider at gmail.com
Mon May 26 20:40:15 EDT 2008

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 4:06 AM, Yama Ploskonka <yama at netoso.com> wrote:
> The best solution always is some sort of remailer.  In its simplest
> form, emails sent to the list have their originating email address
> stripped, and get distributed to all the list.  This is one of the
> lesser used options in our version of Mailman, simple to set and have
> running right away.
> More sophisticated stuff creates a phantom email address that is
> translated by the server when there is an answer.
>
> I do not believe in having replies go directly to the original mailer as
> a default, to the list only with reply-all, and in this I disagree
> completely with the Mailman strongly suggested option.
>
> I believe in the default reply-to going to the list, and use that in the
> list I administer.  I attribute part of the success of the list on this
> choice, since it makes it easier to communicate with the list than with
> the individual.  That also would avoid you, Sayamindu, getting two
> copies of my reply.
>
> Yama

Yama:
    I believe Sayamindu is trying to extend
http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/localization/2008-March/000699.html
    so that people could easily contact each other and organize
themselves toward each language community.

Sayamindu:
    To me your anti-spam measure seems good enough, as many of
translators have already appeared in some of mailing list and
  their address with similar anti measure are available on archive.
    I myself am OK.  But some nervous folks might feel safer if full
contact information would be available only to users who get login on
Pootle.
    And it would be safe for admins :-)  if (any) policy is shown on
Pootle user registration screen and they need to agree to register.

Cheers,
/Korakurider