[Localization] Mongolian and Dari (was [sw-eco] Keyboard Support for Haiti & Ethiopia - OLPC 8.1.1 bugfix release)

Ebtihaj Obaidi ebtihaj_obaidi at yahoo.com
Fri May 16 09:32:00 EDT 2008

Hi.
Its me Sohaib Obaidi, the localizer for Dari Afghanistan. I m glad to hear that the shipment for Dari Afghanistan is ready, as we were so waiting to hear it. The localization process, as i had mentioned before was a little bit slow within this month, due to my University Exams, but i m trying my best to give much time for it as well.
I had listed my all bio data in wiki as well as wiki for Afghanistan;
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Afghanistan_Team
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Afghanistan
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Sohaib_Ebtihaj

I would be glad to hear from you soon.
Thanks.
Sohaib Ebtihaj

Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote: The message below points out that Mongolian and Dari units will be the
next to ship. Stats from Pootle show that the localizations are not
ready, but apparently that will not prevent shipments from going
ahead. We need to recruit more localizers for these languages and
others so that we do not get caught short again.

Who here has contacts in Mongolia and Afghanistan? Who doesn't know
people there but has a network that might extend that far? For
example, is anyone here in contact with the Soyombo Linux project in
Mongolia? What other groups should we contact? Please look at the data
on the Khmer page, and think whether you can provide similar links on
the Dari and Mongolian pages, or any other language page.

There is nobody listed on the Pootle page in the Wiki for Dari, and
the two people listed for Mongolian don't give contact information. I
can't get this information from Pootle, either. Can anybody put me
into contact with the Dari or Mongolian localizers? Are they on this
list? I can't view the list subscribers, either. Is that intentional?

Mongolian

Name   Trans  %   Fuzzy   %   Untran  %   Total
Activation
Server  0 0%  0 0%  1142 100%  1142

Etoys  0 0%  0 0%  26223 100%  26223

Pkgng  145 100%  0 0%  0 0%  145

Updt 1  407 89%  0 0%  47 10%  454

XO -
Bundle  0 0%  0 0%  2996 100%  2996

XO -
Core  601 84%  14 1%  100 13%  715

Dari

Name  Trans % Fuzzy %   Untranslated   %   Total
Activation
Server  390 34%  216 18%  536 46%  1142  34

Etoys  11120 42%  593 2%  14510 55%  26223  42

Updt 1  449 100%  0 0%  0 0%  449  100

XO -
Bundle 2971 99%  0 0%  25 0%  2996  99

XO -