[Localization] Mongolian and Dari (was [sw-eco] Keyboard Support for Haiti & Ethiopia - OLPC 8.1.1 bugfix release

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Sat May 17 04:56:56 EDT 2008

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 6:32 AM, Ebtihaj Obaidi
<ebtihaj_obaidi at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi.
> Its me Sohaib Obaidi, the localizer for Dari Afghanistan.

I am delighted to hear from you.

> I m glad to hear
> that the shipment for Dari Afghanistan is ready, as we were so waiting to
> hear it. The localization process, as i had mentioned before was a little
> bit slow within this month, due to my University Exams, but i m trying my
> best to give much time for it as well.

You have been working hard. Do you expect to finish this by yourself?

I am going to ask in my online network for others to work on this, and
on translating the teacher training and other materials. I have had
some discussions about the possibility of a microfinance project to
provide looms for traditional rug weaving in Afghanistan, so that
children will not go into factories as in Pakistan. If you know
anybody in Afghanistan, or from Afghanistan, who would like to work on
such a project, or on electricity for village schools with XOs, or on
the other needs of the children, please let me know.

> I had listed my all bio data in wiki as well as wiki for Afghanistan;
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Afghanistan_Team
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Afghanistan
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Sohaib_Ebtihaj

Yes, I found your User page from your listing yourself on the Pootle page.

--
Edward Cherlin
http://www.EarthTreasury.org/