[Localization] Mongolian and Dari (was [sw-eco] Keyboard Support for Haiti & Ethiopia - OLPC 8.1.1 bugfix release)

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Fri May 16 02:24:45 EDT 2008

The message below points out that Mongolian and Dari units will be the
next to ship. Stats from Pootle show that the localizations are not
ready, but apparently that will not prevent shipments from going
ahead. We need to recruit more localizers for these languages and
others so that we do not get caught short again.

Who here has contacts in Mongolia and Afghanistan? Who doesn't know
people there but has a network that might extend that far? For
example, is anyone here in contact with the Soyombo Linux project in
Mongolia? What other groups should we contact? Please look at the data
on the Khmer page, and think whether you can provide similar links on
the Dari and Mongolian pages, or any other language page.

There is nobody listed on the Pootle page in the Wiki for Dari, and
the two people listed for Mongolian don't give contact information. I
can't get this information from Pootle, either. Can anybody put me
into contact with the Dari or Mongolian localizers? Are they on this
list? I can't view the list subscribers, either. Is that intentional?

Mongolian

Name  	Trans 	%  	Fuzzy  	%  	Untran 	%  	Total
Activation
Server 	0	0% 	0	0% 	1142	100% 	1142

Etoys 	0	0% 	0	0% 	26223	100% 	26223

Pkgng 	145	100% 	0	0% 	0	0% 	145

Updt 1 	407	89% 	0	0% 	47	10% 	454

XO -
Bundle 	0	0% 	0	0% 	2996	100% 	2996

XO -
Core 	601	84% 	14	1% 	100	13% 	715

Dari

Name  Trans	%	Fuzzy	%  	Untranslated  	%  	Total
Activation
Server 	390	34% 	216	18% 	536	46% 	1142 	34

Etoys 	11120	42% 	593	2% 	14510	55% 	26223 	42

Updt 1 	449	100% 	0	0% 	0	0% 	449 	100

XO -
Bundle	2971	99% 	0	0% 	25	0% 	2996 	99

XO -