[Localization] Turkish keyboard layout

Arjun Sarwal arjunsarwal at gmail.com
Wed May 7 12:48:57 EDT 2008

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 9:30 PM, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:
> Kim Quirk wrote:
>
> > We're looking for some help on the Turkey keyboard layout. Attached is an
> image of the 'Q' layout for Turkey. Can anyone verify the details of this
> layout?
> >

>  Looks like the correct one.  I could forward it to our supporters in
>  Turkey and ask their opinion.
>

> > Bernie, Arjun,
> > Can either of you create this alternate Turkey keyboard wiki page and help
> figure out what needs to be done for SW support?

I can help here, but in a few days time just after my exams get over.

>  I made a small one line change in Turkey to switch from the F to the
>  Q layout.
>
>  I will apply it once I get back from them.  Unless Arjun would like
>  to do it, of course.  I'll keep you on Cc.

Bernie,
Just wondering, even if we make the change, where will it go ? I don't
think Update.1 is still open to such changes. So perhaps submit on
xkeyboard-config upstream because we anyway planned to sync with
upstream branch after Update.1? Also, will the build for Turkey pull
from xkeyboard-config upstream ?

thanks,
Arjun

--