[Localization] Turkish keyboard layout

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Wed May 7 13:08:02 EDT 2008

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 12:00 PM, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org>
wrote:

> Kim Quirk wrote:
> > We're looking for some help on the Turkey keyboard layout. Attached is
> > an image of the 'Q' layout for Turkey. Can anyone verify the details of
> > this layout?
>
> Looks like the correct one.  I could forward it to our supporters in
> Turkey and ask their opinion.
>

> > Bernie, Arjun,
> > Can either of you create this alternate Turkey keyboard wiki page and
> > help figure out what needs to be done for SW support?
>
> I made a small one line change in Turkey to switch from the F to the
> Q layout.
>
> I will apply it once I get back from them.  Unless Arjun would like
> to do it, of course.  I'll keep you on Cc.

on-wiki

Q-type stub exists,
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Turkey_Q-Type_Keyboard

but it doesn't conform to page-completeness standards one can infer from
reviewing other keyboards.
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Category:Keyboard

F-type is more fully described on this page (xkb, etc.), but apparently not
the preferred type in common use (or so I infer).
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Turkish_Keyboard

Off-wiki

Discussions of Q versus F
http://www.turkishlanguage.co.uk/alphabet.htm
http://www.elgin.free-online.co.uk/turk_keyb.htm

Pictures of other's take Q-type (not sure why these contain ae digraph):
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc195133.aspx
http://www.lakefolks.org/cnt/Screen-Shot-13r.jpg

Other, possibly of interest:
http://www.afs.enea.it/diblasi/Exceed/CD1/Exceed/x86/Program%20Files/Hummingbird/Connectivity/11.00/Default%20User/Exceed/turkishq.kbf