[Localization] Problem: 2 translations for 1 string

Markus Schlager m.slg at gmx.de
Thu Mar 20 13:12:18 EDT 2008

Hi Alex,

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008, Alexander Todorov wrote:

> I understand that the German translation is dependent on context in this
> particular case but that may not be the case with most of the
> translations so

Actually, I don't think so. A real problem is caused by the fact, that
there are many words in English which can resemble a noun as well as a
verb (e.g. 'copy' or 'batch' - and you even cannot distinguish wheter
'copy' means 'to copy' or 'copy!'). In all other languages, I know
(German, Czech,Italian,French), you'd have to translate these differently
depending on the context.

Regards

Markus