[Localization] Localization for Haiti (Kreyol)

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 05:02:34 EDT 2008

On Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 6:08 PM, Marvin Demuth
<marvindemuth at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>  Jude Augusma is complete with the Pootle translations
>  and has started on Etoys.

Good work. But aren't XO-Core and XO-Bundled higher priority?
Particularly since they involve 3,653 strings altogether rather than
the 22,689 for Etoys.

> He has written me this message:
>
>  <<I have been doing some work on the translation.  It is not easy. It is
> not
>  because you do not know the meaning of the words, it is because it is hard
>  to find the sense of them. When you see a short sentence or just a small
>  string. It is hard to figure out what is the idea behind.
>
>  For example:
>
>  Start State
>
>  A UML start state shape
>
>  OR Gate
>
>  A UML composite state shape
>
>  I translated them but I do not have a way to verify if they make sense.

Somebody has posted the procedure to put your translations into your
own installation and try everything. Or you can run Sugar in English
and look at your translations along side it.

>  By the way, I have finished the pootle and started the Etoys
>
>  Do you see what I mean?>>
>
>  Do any of you have any suggestions for Jude?  Unfortunately, I suspect that
>  all translators have this same problem in many instances.
>
>  Marvin

Edward Cherlin
http://www.EarthTreasury.org/