[Localization] Localization for Haiti (Kreyol)

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 13:45:58 EDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 7:38 AM, Marvin Demuth
<marvindemuth at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>  Jude Augusma is complete with the Pootle translations
>  and has started on Etoys.  He has written me this message:

I would recommend that XO Core and Bundled be finished first, since
Etoys is pretty large, and XO Core and Bundled (especially some parts
of Core) are more visible in the Laptop.

>  <<I have been doing some work on the translation.  It is not easy. It is
> not
>  because you do not know the meaning of the words, it is because it is hard
>  to find the sense of them. When you see a short sentence or just a small
>  string. It is hard to figure out what is the idea behind.
>
>  For example:
>
>  Start State
>
>  A UML start state shape
>
>  OR Gate
>
>  A UML composite state shape
>
>  I translated them but I do not have a way to verify if they make sense.

I agree that this is a problem. I would suggest that once you come
across a confusing string like this, post a ticket at dev.laptop.org
for the appropriate project, asking for a comment in the source code
which would make the context clear.
As for testing, we have a pretty large document at
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Localization/Testing (I would recommend that
you run a Qemu emulation of the XO and install  the Kreyol language
pack in it.

Thanks,
Sayamindu

--