[Localization] Aymara & Quechua Poodle

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Fri Mar 7 11:13:24 EST 2008

Until Pootle grows proper support for displaying multiple languages for
translators, (I believe Sayamindu has made this request of Pootle; and
we encourage any motivated web hacker to help the Pootle project to add
this support) your best bet is likely to be to download the .pot files
for Spanish and work with them in a text editor, and reupload the
result.
                               Best regards,
                                    - Jim

On Fri, 2008-03-07 at 10:09 -0600, Yama Ploskonka wrote:
> I am currently cooperating with possible translation teams for Aymara
> and Quechua based in Bolivia and Peru.
>
> One major, BIG issue with the current Poodle setup is that most
> bilingual speakers of those languages have as a second language Spanish,
>   not English, though they might have a small understanding of some
> English terms as used in Computerese.
>
> As such having the English terms as the "key" for translation is as best
> impractical.  Actually in most cases it makes the whole exercise
> impossible.  I will be posting to both lists (OLPC - Localization and
> Quechua Aymara IT - Runasimi) relevant discussions in this subject,
> looking for a viable solution, which needs a higher level of
> intercultural cooperation.
>
> Yama
Jim Gettys
One Laptop Per Child