[Localization] Aymara & Quechua Poodle

Yama Ploskonka yama at netoso.com
Fri Mar 7 11:09:48 EST 2008

I am currently cooperating with possible translation teams for Aymara
and Quechua based in Bolivia and Peru.

One major, BIG issue with the current Poodle setup is that most
bilingual speakers of those languages have as a second language Spanish,
  not English, though they might have a small understanding of some
English terms as used in Computerese.

As such having the English terms as the "key" for translation is as best
impractical.  Actually in most cases it makes the whole exercise
impossible.  I will be posting to both lists (OLPC - Localization and
Quechua Aymara IT - Runasimi) relevant discussions in this subject,
looking for a viable solution, which needs a higher level of
intercultural cooperation.

Yama