[Localization] Appel à traduction Créole Haï tien

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 02:05:26 EDT 2008

On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 7:05 PM, Marvin Demuth
<marvindemuth at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> At 07:44 PM 6/22/2008, Jude Augusma wrote:
>
>>I really think this is the case I am dealing with now. I think I am
>>struggling with words and strings that do not have a translation and
>>Creole does not have so many words like English.
>
> I am learning more about translation each day.  This quote in the web
> document of an organization that provides business translation
> services in 90 languages, on the subject of available dictionaries,
> is interesting, especially, as to its reference to Haitian Creole:
>
> <<While it is true that in the major languages, such as German,
> Russian, or Spanish, the problem is not nearly as acute as it is in
> the smaller languages, such as Turkish, Hebrew, or Indonesian, when
> it comes to the so-called exotic language, such as Haitian Creole,
> Amharic, or Kurdish, the problem is indeed monumental. In Spanish,
> Russian, or German, one may find a specialized dictionary for a
> subject like mining or metallurgy. In the second group, unlikely. In
> the third, impossible.>>

The times are changing. The impossible is now merely unlikely, and the
unlikely fairly common.

http://www.practicalturkish.com/turkish-internet-and-computer-terms.html

http://3d2f.com/programs/69-994-gonaomi-dictionary-download.shtml
GoNaomi.com is a computer dictionary, which currently consists of
about 30 different dictionaries containing altogether about 850
thousands words. Therefore, all you need to do is choose the languages
you need for your translations.
Albanian, Arabic, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Dutch, English, Finnish,
French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Latin,
Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian,
Serbian, Slovakia

Indonesian?

http://gaugamela.net/CV-Dr.Ibrahim.pdf
Computer Dictionary: English-Kurdish, MEDIA Publishers,Erbil,1999.

Kreyòl?
Amharic?

> http://www.schreibernet.com/translation-101/articles/future-of-dictionaries.htm

Edward Cherlin