[Localization] Appel à traduction Créole Haï tien

Marvin Demuth marvindemuth at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 22 17:50:28 EDT 2008

At 04:01 PM 6/22/2008, "Chris Leonard" <cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com> wrote:

>Some of those challenges will be based on coining new terms in a
>language that is perhaps not a primary language for technology
>development, the discussion of that topic alone will certainly be
>reproduced many times in many languages.

I am wondering if we are implying to Jude and other translators that
they should translate strings that do not need translation.  If so,
shouldn't these strings be dropped from the lists?

This came to my mind when I read this recent comment by Ed Cherlin:

 > attachmentOwnerChanged

This seems to be a piece of program code. If so, leave it as is unless
we translate the identifiers in the program someday.

 > sourceConnected
 > RandomConnector

Also identifier names.

Shouldn't identifiers be eliminated from the translation system?

Marvin Demuth