[Localization] Kreyòl Localization

Marvin Demuth marvindemuth at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 20 11:10:00 EDT 2008

CHRIS LEONARD made some good points in his message on another thread.

Regardless of which list system we use, let's get the discussion
started.  The remarks
can apply to whatever language is being translated.

At 07:56 AM 6/20/2008, JUDE AUGUSMA wrote:

>Let's take some strings I am having problem with, just some of them:
>
>Smalltalk code
>smoothing
>A broom to align Morphs with
>A UML composite state shape
>Composite State
>UML Package
>AND Gate
>Another pointing hand
>XOR Gate
>Scrolled State
>Squeak
>STClass
>FSM ButtonBar
>FSM Flap
>Arrow Editor
>Toggle dots
>Clear clicks
>A handy Morph-generating button
>attachmentOwnerChanged
>sourceConnected
>RandomConnector
>A basic Connector that bends smoothly
>flap
>Kedema Turtle
>
>Some the strings like the above, I translate them but my translation
>does not make sense to me in a computer world. For example: what is
>a Turtle? is it the animal Turtle? What is a Morph? a XOR gate,
>Random connector? etc.

Any ideas?  Any thoughts?

Samy, can you forward this to the 43 professionals that you know?

Marvin Demuth