[Localization] [Appel à traduction Créole Haï tien] Empowering users

s.boutayeb at free.fr s.boutayeb at free.fr
Thu Jun 19 15:05:36 EDT 2008

Bonjour Yama,

In fact, what really matters with the OLPC project is to empower the users, in
each linguistic and cultural comunity. I do speak from my experience as a
linguist/terminologist, who reflected a bit about neologisms and the creation of
concepts in a former life.

The new concepts that the users, either teachers or scholars, first in the
schools, then in their family, will be faced with, have to be integrated by each
user.
This empowerment process is also a linguistical one: the elaboration of the
appropriate terminology, with the numerous neologisms, is a key to the success
of an education project involving new concepts and new tools and practices.
The teachers, among other users, may contribute to the elaboration of the
terminology and be involved in the translation effort or, at least, have the
possibility to contribute to its elaboration.

Let's imagine original ways to benefit from the intelligence and creativity of
the users!

Samy