[Localization] Appel à traduction Créole Haï tien

s.boutayeb at free.fr s.boutayeb at free.fr
Thu Jun 19 12:57:43 EDT 2008

Hi Jude and Marvin,

Thank you for your mail.

Selon Marvin Demuth <marvindemuth at sbcglobal.net>:

> Samy, I am located in Arkansas, USA and Jude Augusma is in Iowa, USA.
>
> Jude is from Pignon, Haiti.  To date, he has brought the Créole Haï tien
> translation (35%) to the point that it is today.  He has reached the point
> that the meaning of the strings is interfering with the translation.  I feel
> sure that this point is reached many times by translators, trying to
> translate
> technical terms in one language, to another language.  I can appreciate
> his concerns.  I can visualize that other translators share the concerns.  He
> has had limited success in using the French translation.
>
> Jude wants to continue the translations, as he wants to help Haiti.  He needs
> technical help with the meaning of technical terminology with strings.

I suggest to you that you share your questions on this list. Im am quite sure
that the problems do affect other language teams as well. We would be glad to
examine with you the terminological issues and find together a solution. Your
questions will help us all with no doubt.

> I am wondering if you have received any volunteers from your appeal to the
> 43 translators.  If so, perhaps some system could
> be worked out for the translators
> to work with Jude.

As a matter of fact, I directed the translators to Sayamindu Dasgupta as the
Pootle administrator. I think they could contact Edward Cherlin, as the
cordinator for the haitian créole translation effort.

So far, since only one translator contacted me directly, I am not sure if my
appeal had positive effects or not.

Best regards

Samy