[Localization] Kreyol locale ?

Bastien bzg at altern.org
Sat Jun 14 00:50:00 EDT 2008

"Edward Cherlin" <echerlin at gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 8:06 PM, Bastien <bzg at altern.org> wrote:
>> Hi Edward,
>>
>> I'm trying to configure my XO so that it speaks Kreyol.  I managed to
>> make it speak french by simply putting fr_FR.UTF-8 in /home/olpc/.i18n
>> but I can't seem to find the equivalent locale code for Kreyol...
>
> As far as I know, Sugar in Kreyòl isn't in any build yet. I have to
> bother Sayamindu about that.

Thanks.  As you know, the haitian community is spread all over the
world, so my sensors cannot really predict how fast volonteers may help.

But I'm preparing a webpage explaining everything about the Pootle, and
I expect to send it to the diaspora (in addition to people here) in the
middle of next week.  I hope the translation will be nearly done in less
than one month, letting me install recent builds in the 3rd and 4th
weeks of July.

>> Do you have any direction where I could look for (other than asking
>> you!) ?
>>
>> I've been looking around the web for haitians GNU/Linux users, but it
>> looks like they just speak french or english with their machines.
>
> There is a Kreyòl localization of Ubuntu. Masterches
> <chesmaster at gmail.com)> is working on both Ubuntu and Sugar in Kreyòl.

Very useful, I will contact him... thanks!

--
Bastien