[Localization] localized keyboard

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Thu Jun 12 08:50:51 EDT 2008

Thanks for the great start!

However, we need to fill in many blanks, probably best presented in
tabular form...

1) population that would use each keyboard type.
2) whether we have a sufficiently close keyboard design on hand for the
keyboard type.
3) whether we've built any of those designs in the past (another words,
we've already sunk the cost for the tooling, and the lead time for
building that tooling is already accounted for, leaving production
scheduling as the remaining variable); I can get that information from
the production information.
4) whether there are laws governing importing of other keyboard types
(another words, you can't ship a machine into the country without it
conforming to some standard).

Again, we don't yet know whether the partners we'll be working with for
the next G1G1 program will be in a position to handle multiple SKU's or
not, or how many; I can't make any promises at all as yet.  And unless
we can fill in many of the above blanks, we can't even judge the
costs/risks/benefits associated with them.
		Thanks again for the information,
                           - Jim

--
Jim Gettys <jg at laptop.org>