[Localization] The new Sugar Roadmap and other things

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 18:30:54 EDT 2008

Hmm. I agree with that. The documentation currently is quite a mess. I
suggest that we start on a new guide

1. For translators
2. For administrators

To start off, I have uploaded a set of screenshots which can be used
for the translators guide, at
https://dev.laptop.org/~sayamindu/pootle_screenshots.tar.gz

Can we have some volunteers for this please (I would suggest starting
from scratch on two new wiki pages). I'll put in some contribution
during the weekends.

Thanks,
Sayamindu

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 3:51 AM, Yama Ploskonka <yama at netoso.com> wrote:

>> Pootle page is woefully incomplete? Although I documented the various
>> places to sign up on the Localization page, and the information needed
>> in Trac for requesting new projects, it isn't working.
>
> I second this.  Too many steps.  It is becoming almost as complicated as
> getting  a hot-dog stand permit in Lima (old story).
> Can we figure out a one-stop process, as friendly as possible to
> opportunistic translators and assorted passersby?  Maybe pull the info
> _for the wiki_ from the Teams automatic output?
> I don't even know what this ticket biznai is, and I have been around a
> few months already.
>
> Thanks
>
> Yama

Sayamindu Dasgupta