[Localization] Help with starting new languages

David Leeming david at leeming-consulting.com
Wed Jun 4 16:12:04 EDT 2008

Hi Edwin,

I am part of a team deploying the XO in 21 countries in the Pacific, working
with Prof Barry Vercoe. We have done some work already in Solomon Islands
(needs updating) http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Solomon_Islands and start a
series of trials in PNG next week, followed by expanded trials in the
Solomons, Nauru, Kiribati, Tuvalu, New Caledonia, Vanuatu and Niue.

I cannot sign up on the Pootle page because the languages I need urgently to
start work on are not listed. These are:

Solomon Islands Pidgin (Pijin)
Papua New Guinea Pidgin (Tok Pisin)
Marovo Language (Solomon Islands)

There is a ticket open, but I am not sure if it was done cotrrectly because
there ios little happeneing, now 10 days since I started this whilst at the
Countries Workshop in Boston.

http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/7099

Please can someone let me know what else I have to do to start upo projects
for all three countries above. I will then be able to add other volunteers
to the projects.

thanks

David Leeming
Solomon Islands