[Localization] Help with starting new languages

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 05:17:02 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 7:11 PM, David Leeming
<david at leeming-consulting.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am just testing this list by letting you know I want to start localisation
> projects for the following languages.

Welcome.

> I have a current ticket (7099) open,
> but am not sure this this all that is needed. Can anyone advise?

The instructions are on the Localization page in the Wiki. I see that
you have a user page, but you aren't listed on the Pootle page yet.
Sayamindu would like a little more information in your ticket.

To start a new language project on Pootle, the person volunteering to
be the project administrator should first be registered on

    * This Wiki, preferably with a User: page
    * The OLPC Pootle localization server
    * The OLPC Trac bug tracker
    * The OLPC Localization mailing list.
    * The OLPC Pootle Wiki page sign-up section.

Localizers should also do the same once a project for their language
has been started.

Then the administrator can open a ticket on Trac and provide the
following information:

    * Language and country in the ticket title
    * Component: Localization
    * Who else is volunteering
    * Data on the language
    * Why this project is starting, which may be that shipments to
that community are being scheduled, or just that the community wants
it for its own use.

> I am
> working in the Pacific initially in 8 countries, deployments already
> starting.
>
> - Solomon Islands Pidgin (Pijin)
> - Marovo Langauge (Solomon Islands)
> - Tok Pisin (Papua New Guinea)